Tuesday, September 11, 2012

DIY denim or DEATH

Ok, I must admit I am pretty stoked about these two things...DIY studded denim. The vest I did quite a while ago, and it's just too cool to leave sitting sad and alone in my closet. I found the denim vest at American Vintage in Fullerton, CA and brought it home and bleach washed it to get it to a soft lighter blue denim. Then I basically just started shoving pyramid studs in it. It was super frustrating for me to find studs the first time around, by the way, so don't even try to find them in your local craft stores (the only thing they sell is those silly iron on "studs"). The best place to go it to Studs & Spikes. They have a huge selection at wholesale prices. Anyways, here's the vest, modeled by the always lovely Rachel Clisby.

What you'll need: 
  • old denim of any sort (leather if you're feelin' crafty)
  • four prong studs of your choice
  • patience!


This next one is basically just an assortment of ridiculous studs thrown onto a rad bomber style denim coat i found. If you decide to make your own studded jacket, I would suggest getting a stud tool from the website mentioned above. It's not necessary, I studded these without one, but it would have been nice to have. The prongs on the backs of the studs start to hurt after the first ten or so.


They are both available for purchase on my online store. Check them out, happy bidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment