Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bird seed

 I usually work doubles Monday-Friday but to I got lucky and just have to work tonight! So over a cold beer I decided to make a little mini bird feeder.



What you’ll need:
  • Some sort of glass or ceramic or wooden (whatever) container that can be hung with wire and have an opening that is accessible to birds
  • Wire of your choosing (I used copper)
  • Birdseed (or a candle! this would look just as lovely as a hanging lantern for your porch) 






All you need to do is attach some sort of hanging mechanism to your chosen container and then attach a reinforced hook to the top of that. I found a container that had pre made holes in it, which made it easy to hang. My little ceramic trinket thing is probably meant for candles, but I make lanterns so often that I thought this would be nice! 

Anyways, It’s best to reinforce some part of the wire you use to hang it. In the photos you can see that I wrapped the wire around itself in a few places to ensure that it wouldn’t bend too much with the weight of the container when it’s hanging. Now find something to hang it on and that’s all!

Go bird watching of something, there’s a book for that.




No comments:

Post a Comment