Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to the sewing machine

I've been wanting to get back into buying and altering vintage clothes from thrift stores and selling them on eBay and I'm starting with this project; a dress for my birthday. I'm starting with a rough beginning with a dress from a local thrift spot. I have to take in the existing dress, hem it, and add cut out panels as well as sleeves. You'll have to bear with me on the following photo, I was attempting to sketch my vision for how I want it to look when it's finished since I haven't drawn the pattern yet. Sort of like some of the cute dresses for sale on Nasty Gal right now. But anyways, I'll definitely post photos and comments on it all once I've finished the dress. Hopefully not too long from now.

P.s. since I'll be drawing up an entire pattern for the dress, this dress will be available for purchase (by order only) customized to your liking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment